Hey Everyone! How about that snow day, huh?
Snow days in college are rare, but when they happen, it’s definitely a celebration! I know I can get absolutely bored out of my mind, so here are a few ideas to keep from getting too antsy during those precious snow days:
- If you’re not too against going outside, grab some friends (or do it solo) and build a snowman!
- While you’re outside, have a snowball fight! Or, if you’re not feeling like getting totally soaked maybe opt for building a fort- snow days are great for reminiscing about your childhood.
Yours doesn’t have to look as nice as this one…I know mine wouldn’t!
- If you’re not feeling too outdoors-y (hey it’s cold, I am right there with you!), you can always catch up on a good book or work on emptying out your Netflix queue. With some microwave popcorn and hot chocolate, you’ve got yourself a perfect day in. I don’t know what it is about snow days, but they always bring out my lazy days.
- If you don’t really want to venture outside, but you still want to keep yourself busy you can always put on some music and re-organize your desk or vacuum out your room. Keeping your window closed for months on end tends to leave a musty scent in your room, so it’s a good idea to try to clean it more than usual!
- If you aren’t feeling quite that ambitious, you could rent a board game from the front desk and round up a few friends (or strangers- it’s never too late to meet new people!). All you need is your student ID and a place to spread out and have a good time! Here is a link to what’s available for checkout at the front desk!
Happy snow day, everyone! What are some of your favorite snow day activities at Stout? Let us know in comments!