As of yesterday at 1:30 p.m., I have been officially on “spring break!” For my final spring break I am traveling, oh yes I am, I am traveling across the border back to good ole’ Minnesota. I bet you thought I was traveling somewhere warm and exotic, right? Well I am not and I am totally okay with that. I know myself well enough to know that the thought of planning a trip for spring break would be enough to send me into a full-blown panic attack. I am the type of person who breaks out in hives at the thought of compiling a grocery list. I would rather eat my roommates Ramen than organize a list. So it is no surprise I am not going anywhere for spring break. I have a lot of friends who stay in Menomonie during spring break and I always tried to hide the bewildered look on my face, after hearing that. I have asked them well what do you do here while everyone is basically somewhere else that is not here? This is some of the answers I have received:
- Finally get a full week of binge watching shows on Netflix or catching up on that final season of Breaking Bad.
- Enjoying the peace and quiet that seems to wash over Menomonie, while all the other students are away.
- Exploring all the sites that Menomonie has to offer, like the Devils Punch Bowl or taking long walks on the Red Cedar Trail.
- Catching up on sleep is a big one, along with catching up on past assignments.
- Some even say just lounging around and doing absolutely nothing.
No two spring breaks are alike, so do not worry about planning the perfect spring break, you have four years (or in my case five years) to perfect it and figure out what works for you.
If you want to read about someone who actually took a spring break trip through Stout Adventures, check out the link below. Go ahead, click the link I won’t be offended! It looks like it was a really great experience and it is even affordable, so start saving those pennies!